· Tell_Us
· Top 10
· Top Stories
· Topics
· Weather_Station
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 29 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

Monthly Quote
“If a man has an apartment stacked to the ceiling with newspapers we call him crazy. If a woman has a trailer house full of cats we call her nuts. But when people pathologically hoard so much cash that they impoverish the entire nation, we put them on the cover of Fortune magazine and pretend that they are role models.”
-– B. Lester

Link to us!
AlienLove Logos

Add Your Link To Us!

Anti-War Webs
Anti-War Web Ring
[<<<] [ list ] [???] [ join ] [>>>]

AlienLove.com :: View topic - Political humor 08
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Political humor 08

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AlienLove.com Forum Index -> Political Cartoons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djrf
Junior Contributor
Junior Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Political humor 08 Reply with quote

Anyone want to get some political humor going. To get the ball rolling here is some 08 stuff: I MOVED THE PAGE TO:
http://www.comicsbyrf.bravehost.com/

I ran out of space at Vtel, moved to Geocities, they terminated my site for unknown reasons, and for a post at Bravehost. I hope this one lasts. Anyway check it out. I change it ocasionally.

If you have any cartoons you would like to post onthe site let me know.

djRF

Last edited by djrf on Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
djrf
Junior Contributor
Junior Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Comic change Reply with quote

I added some new comics and effects I have fun with.

http://www.comicsbyrf.bravehost.com/

If you have a dial up take your time and let it load up hidden things for mouse overs.

Any comments?

RF

Last edited by djrf on Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blue1moon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey djrf!
Is that your website?
Looks like you've been working hard on it!
Good stuff!
First & foremost, we must be "labeled," being sorted into various groups of "other" is the most important step in "Divide & Conquer" Labels lead to misunderstanding, mistrust, fear - making manipulation easy, we can be counted on to defeat ourselves
djrf
Junior Contributor
Junior Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: cutting up paper dolls Reply with quote

It's my stuffy resume site at Vtel that know one ever visited. It's been the same for years. Lately I've been board so I thought I'd update it. I did it once years ago about the time I started working on the internet. My Vtel account is limited to HTML, so I use Java and CSS to liven it up. I would rather work on sites with all the whistles and bells (php, SQL ). At that time I was designing sites for ticket brokers and had my own site to sell tickets (classified ads). It was going good until the hosting service closed and I had to find another. Unfortunately I acquired IT3. That went find for the first year. I repaired for another year but they never re-opened the door. I spent 6 months trying to get it back up but the access keys never worked. That frustrated me to know end. I emailed (no reply), tried calling them in Canada (nonexistent number), traced them down to the servers they used in Texas (they couldn't give out any info) and finally gave up (through the computer out on the lawn). About 5 months after that, I noticed my domain name up for grabs at Internic. For a year after that I started cutting up paper dolls (cartoons ). I guess when I get some money together I'll get in touch with Lese Page, the people who run the ibrattleboro site. They offered to set me up with a their hosting service. They design and post sites down there. For now it's back to my closet at Vtel. Glad you enjoyed the fun I have scripting. I plan to post some exciting menu systems in the future!
OH, at the bottom of the cartoon page is a political bumper sticker I'd like to get started.
RF
Blue1moon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey dj!

We run a hosting service... as well as all the other necessities (domain names, advertising, design, programming, development, custom art, etc. etc.)
do check out:
http://www.scifillian.com/

or click our our ad in left hand column of this page (Scifillian, Inc.)
First & foremost, we must be "labeled," being sorted into various groups of "other" is the most important step in "Divide & Conquer" Labels lead to misunderstanding, mistrust, fear - making manipulation easy, we can be counted on to defeat ourselves
djrf
Junior Contributor
Junior Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, I did check scifillian a few months ago through AlienLove.
Do you know the people from Ibrattleboro.com? If not you should, good people same business.
How much to recover my domain name?
RF
FrogDaddy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djrf wrote:
Great, I did check scifillian a few months ago through AlienLove.
Do you know the people from Ibrattleboro.com? If not you should, good people same business.
How much to recover my domain name?
RF

Whats the domain name you're looking for?
djrf
Junior Contributor
Junior Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope your not one of those domain collecter. I went to college with a bunch of them. I almost tossed my computer on the front lawn after a year of fighting to get back on line. I thought for sure the reason they were dodging me was to get my domain name and sell it. BUT, I am sure it is safe and hidden and knowone has thought of it yet. At least the last time I checked it was. www.boxoftickets.com

RF
FrogDaddy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope ... I can buy that for you, if you want me too ... if you pm me your phone number ... we can talk about it.

or you call me at 885-7252.
FrogDaddy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK djrf ... we've bought your domain, and pointed at our server for the time being.

http://www.boxoftickets.com is now operating! .... and you own it.
Feel free to contact me anytime if you have any questions.
Blue1moon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck with it, djrf!
djrf
Junior Contributor
Junior Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I was freeking out about that for a long time. I will most likely get back to you with some cash to get up on your hosting service soon. Right know, I am looking for an XP level computer. The machine I have been using runs on Win ME. Great for web designs and development but not for movie making. The equiptment I film with requires XP to upload. Although, I have been thinking about Lenix and open source software. But I should go up to XP before I spend a lot of time going nowhere.
If you know of any cheep XP systems let me know!

RF
FrogDaddy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ... XP it self requires lots of ram .... and then movie making requires lots and lots of ram and processor. So the chances of finding a cheap machine are pretty slim ... but not impossible.

I'll keep my eyes and ears open.

We should probably move these conversations to the Programming Chatter Forum .... here:

http://www.alienlove.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=47
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AlienLove.com Forum Index -> Political Cartoons All times are GMT - 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: