· Tell_Us
· Top 10
· Top Stories
· Topics
· Weather_Station
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 21 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

Monthly Quote
“If a man has an apartment stacked to the ceiling with newspapers we call him crazy. If a woman has a trailer house full of cats we call her nuts. But when people pathologically hoard so much cash that they impoverish the entire nation, we put them on the cover of Fortune magazine and pretend that they are role models.”
-– B. Lester

Link to us!
AlienLove Logos

Add Your Link To Us!

Anti-War Webs
Anti-War Web Ring
[<<<] [ list ] [???] [ join ] [>>>]

AlienLove.com :: View topic - Japan woman caught living in closet
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Japan woman caught living in closet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Isobel
Intermediary
Intermediary

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Japan woman caught living in closet Reply with quote

By MARI YAMAGUCHI, Associated Press Writer

TOKYO - A homeless woman who sneaked into a man's house and lived undetected in his closet for a year was arrested in Japan after he became suspicious when food mysteriously began disappearing.

Police found the 58-year-old woman Thursday hiding in the top compartment of the man's closet and arrested her for trespassing, police spokesman Hiroki Itakura from southern Kasuya town said Friday.

The resident of the home installed security cameras that transmitted images to his mobile phone after becoming puzzled by food disappearing from his kitchen over the past several months.

One of the cameras captured someone moving inside his home Thursday after he had left, and he called police believing it was a burglar. However, when they arrived they found the door locked and all windows closed.

"We searched the house ... checking everywhere someone could possibly hide," Itakura said. "When we slid open the shelf closet, there she was, nervously curled up on her side."

The woman told police she had no place to live and first sneaked into the man's house about a year ago when he left it unlocked.

She had moved a mattress into the small closet space and even took showers, Itakura said, calling the woman "neat and clean."
Blue1moon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Isobel!
How are you doing?

Isn't that weird??
Kinda creepy to think someone had been living in your house for a year - without you being aware of it - really creepy! I wonder if the owner was there much?
(But also - poor woman - hiding and living in a closet!)
First & foremost, we must be "labeled," being sorted into various groups of "other" is the most important step in "Divide & Conquer" Labels lead to misunderstanding, mistrust, fear - making manipulation easy, we can be counted on to defeat ourselves
Isobel
Intermediary
Intermediary

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue1moon wrote:
Hi Isobel!
How are you doing?

Isn't that weird??
Kinda creepy to think someone had been living in your house for a year - without you being aware of it - really creepy! I wonder if the owner was there much?
(But also - poor woman - hiding and living in a closet!)

Hey Blue,

I'm doing ok, just very busy so I'm not online much these days.

I was wondering, how big is that closet where that woman could live there for a year and go absolutely unnoticed for a year.

I don't think she should have been arrested though considering her situation.
Blue1moon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrest for homelessness does seem rather outrageous - afterall, usually one would prefer not to be homeless!
As sad as it is kinda creepy!

Stop by to say hi when you are on, huh? Very Happy
First & foremost, we must be "labeled," being sorted into various groups of "other" is the most important step in "Divide & Conquer" Labels lead to misunderstanding, mistrust, fear - making manipulation easy, we can be counted on to defeat ourselves
Isobel
Intermediary
Intermediary

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Blue,

How's everything going? I'm not online that much these days, been taking care of a lot of things in my personal life. As they say when it rains it pours. I will be glad when things settle down again. Take care.
Blue1moon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isobel wrote:
Hey Blue,

How's everything going? I'm not online that much these days, been taking care of a lot of things in my personal life. As they say when it rains it pours. I will be glad when things settle down again. Take care.

Sure know how that goes! Haven't been on all that much myself!
One thing after another, and another...
Good to see you around - here's hoping things settle down a bit for all of us! Take care - good to hear from you! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AlienLove.com Forum Index -> Weird But True All times are GMT - 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: