· Tell_Us
· Top 10
· Top Stories
· Topics
· Weather_Station
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 44 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

Monthly Quote
If a man has an apartment stacked to the ceiling with newspapers we call him crazy. If a woman has a trailer house full of cats we call her nuts. But when people pathologically hoard so much cash that they impoverish the entire nation, we put them on the cover of Fortune magazine and pretend that they are role models.
- B. Lester

Link to us!
AlienLove Logos

Add Your Link To Us!

Anti-War Webs
Anti-War Web Ring
[<<<] [list] [???] [join] [>>>]

AlienLove.com :: View topic - GPS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

GPS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AlienLove.com Forum Index -> Notices and Questions To Our Members
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrogDaddy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: GPS Reply with quote

Hi Smile.

Do any members own a GPS? ... and if so, do you recommend any paticular brand or model.
sinda
Special Contributor
Special Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: GPS Reply with quote

FrogDaddy wrote:
Hi Smile.

Do any members own a GPS? ... and if so, do you recommend any paticular brand or model.

Hi Froggy! Smile

My daughter owns a SONNY NVU 93 - 4.2 inch display.

It was bought for 1.500 Swedish crowns - about 200 dollars I guess....?

I love to travel in her car - Alexander keeps shouting: "Now we turn to the left and now to the right etc. etc. " Sounds funny.

Anyway, it appears very good! Smile
FrogDaddy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: GPS Reply with quote

sinda wrote:

Hi Froggy! Smile

My daughter owns a SONNY NVU 93 - 4.2 inch display.

It was bought for 1.500 Swedish crowns - about 200 dollars I guess....?

I love to travel in her car - Alexander keeps shouting: "Now we turn to the left and now to the right etc. etc. " Sounds funny.

Anyway, it appears very good! Smile

Thank you.
Awesome! ....
Ha ha ha .... that sound like fun for Alexander! I never thought of a youngster enjoying too Smile.

One of the things I'm most interested in, is this.
I have about 50 places that I need to stop at often, with new places being added occassionaly. My question is:

Can I pre-set these destinations and simply call them up when needed?
If you could ask her .... that would be great!
Thanks so much.
sinda
Special Contributor
Special Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hej FrogDaddy!

I forwarded your question to Sara. Here is her answer to you:

"OK, jag ska frska beskriva vr GPS. Smile (OK, Ill try to describe our GPS in English)

Our GPS navigator is called Sony Nv-u73. Our version came with Western Europe Maps included.

Its very easy to use navigator, with 4,2 inch, wide, touch screen. Its easy to add new adresses to the adressbook (and the number of adresses that You can add is almost unlimited) and to choose adresses already entered in the adressbook. Once You are on a location You can easily add the locations coordinates (without actually knowing the adress) and it will be added to the adressbook.

There are several other useful functions, such as quick access to the latest adresses that You have searched for, choosing your home adress by pressing one single button etc

When the GPS needs to recalculate the route (in case You have taken a wrong turn or so) this is done very quickly.

I dont know if this particular model is available in the US, but if other Sony models are on the market I can only say that here i Sweden they are higly recommended.

It is important to make sure that upgrades of maps are easily accessible and not to expensive, since You will want to upgrade once in a while.

When we tried to read up on GPS navigators before buying one we came to the conclusion that quick response times when recalculating routes, and easily upgraded maps where the most important features..... other functions such as beeing able to use the GPS as an MP3 player, camera or external hard disk drive only bring up the price and is in no way necessary.

The TCM function, which allows You to subscribe to current updates on traffic jams or road blocks is probably quite useful, but very expensive here in Sweden so we don`t subscribe to any such service.

I found a couple of reviews of Sony nv-u73 on http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/product/B000VXZ56K?showViewpoints=1

I hope to have answered Your question,

Sincerely
Sara
FrogDaddy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful!
Thank you so much for your reply ... and a thank you to Sara also for taking the time to do so.

I will research this model Smile.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AlienLove.com Forum Index -> Notices and Questions To Our Members All times are GMT - 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: