· Tell_Us
· Top 10
· Top Stories
· Topics
· Weather_Station
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 47 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

Monthly Quote
“If a man has an apartment stacked to the ceiling with newspapers we call him crazy. If a woman has a trailer house full of cats we call her nuts. But when people pathologically hoard so much cash that they impoverish the entire nation, we put them on the cover of Fortune magazine and pretend that they are role models.”
-– B. Lester

Link to us!
AlienLove Logos

Add Your Link To Us!

Anti-War Webs
Anti-War Web Ring
[<<<] [ list ] [???] [ join ] [>>>]

AlienLove.com :: View topic - The Gnostic Jesus
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

The Gnostic Jesus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AlienLove.com Forum Index -> Gnostic Reflections
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soulgazer
AlienLove Dignitary
AlienLove Dignitary

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: The Gnostic Jesus Reply with quote

As a Christian Gnostic, I treat the Gospels as authoritative……not necessarily factual, but True.
I can only base my belief system upon what I have experienced. I have read many things attributed to Jesus, how He turned water into wine, and how He calmed the seas.

I don’t KNOW if Jesus existed, or if He did exist, if He did everything that was written about Him. Now don’t get me wrong; I am not saying that He did not do any of these things. I am saying that I was not there to see it, and I can only base my belief system on things that I have witnessed or experienced.

Jesus may very well have calmed the seas, but in any event, that is something that transforms the hyle, material realm. It would cause any witness to believe either in Jesus or in coincidence. Seas go calm all the time; people witness that all the time.

To me, people could argue these events all day long and miss something a bit more important. There are seas and then there are seas; the human spirit is a pretty vast turbulent sea. We tend to give things importance that are of little eternal consequence, and perhaps overlook some things that are of paramount importance.

The Christ Spirit is that Spirit that we identify as coming from the outside Divine to help us find the inside Divine; It is the Spirit of Love and Mercy, compassion based not on convenience but on conscience. This is something that anybody could witness, with not much effort. It is the Pharisatha of Christ; “The one who is spread out”. Some call it Christ, some call it something else, but a rose is a rose.

…..Philip wrote “”Messiah” has two meanings, both “the Christ” and “the measured”. The One who was measured stands as a yardstick for those of us seeking to be more than we thought we were; awake, responsive, and seeking to do the things worthy of an heir to a Deity.

Let’s go back to the man Jesus; Jesus, just like us, had a choice. He made his choices, and we make ours. The man Jesus, some will argue, is just a legend. Okay. I try to pattern my choices after the ones that the legendary Jesus would have made. More than that I follow the teachings attributed to Jesus both in biblical parable and Gnostic writings.

Now, I would not just do this to fill in my time. Following a legend takes a lot of commitment and hard work; I expect a semi immediate payoff or I’m moving on to something else; Buddah perhaps or Mohammed. But you see, I don’t have to do that; following a legend in this case has paid off handsomely, and not with earthly coin.

Maybe some day there will be a Gnostic preacher on television, convincing millions of home viewers to dig deeply into their aunt Edna’s cookie jar to finance his mission of driving around in a luxury car that he parks in the garage of his multimillion dollar estate; but I doubt it. Once you’ve had a taste of the other side, those things are just small and petty, meaningless, compared to the sea of searchers clinging to one empty promise after another, dashing themselves against the shore of disappointed faith and baseless dreams, a tidal wave of humanity clinging to one guru after another.

I am not saying that I know it all; There are times when I cross the veil and I do know it all, but to bring it back is impossible. What you really bring back is the knowledge of how much we really do not know, how uncertain this realm is, how we cling to belief for the sake of belief. Salvation is Gnosis of the Father. That Gnosis, that experience, has disturbing elements to it; like how insignificant and baseless belief really is. We as humanity, have built an elaborate reality of tissue paper.

The human version of reality absolves itself of all responsibility, always. There is always a reason, preached from pulpits and podiums, why we are immune from personal repentance. Yes, I believe that Jesus died for our sins. To me, that means that Jesus died to open our eyes. I don’t care if it’s politics or organized or personal belief; the living Christ cannot carry our wrongdoings, He can just point them out, and point them out only in the way that an outsider can. We have a choice at this point; do we continue in what we know to be wrong; or do we seek to change how we do things?

You know, somehow, deep inside of you that we are all one humanity, sharing dreams and hopes, hurts and hatreds. People are loving each other, hating each other, helping each other, and killing each other. Christ, calm this sea. If you can.

But then when you have that heart knowledge, what do you do with it?

I myself, don’t think we are allowed to sit on it, but must invest it in the Divine Central Bank.

Matthew;{Jesus Said}:25:14For it is as when a man, going into another country, called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods. 25:15And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, to another one; to each according to his several ability; and he went on his journey. 25:16Straightway he that received the five talents went and traded with them, and made other five talents. 25:17In like manner he also that received the two gained other two. 25:18But he that received the one went away and digged in the earth, and hid his lord’s money……………………….

We can’t change humanity. Christ cannot change all of humanity, or He would already have done it. It can only be done, one person at a time, one act of charity at a time. A person wakes up, here and there, from the deep sleep of death. Sometimes those people look around, and go back to sleep. Once in a while, once in a precious while, someone will wake up, look around and start to question the reality of their existence. They start to seek, and occasionally they find, and when they find, they are disturbed, and when they are disturbed, Christ would not have it any other way.
Blue1moon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A thought-provoking piece - thanks, Soul!

Sometimes it is hard to rise out of the stresses and difficulties of surviving in the material world to see that there is more to life than just survival.

I still have a hard time with the Bible - it seems so often to be used as an excuse to hurt (even kill) people, its passages to manipulate, it's words twisted every which way and back. The same seems true of "Religion".
Thus leaving me feeling I can trust only myself. There are "pearls" in the Bible, just as there are in the various Religions (people who rose above the b.s) - but so much more seems to be falseness. Anything that doesn't ring true (which is a whole lot) is discarded. The real "message" of Jesus (love) seems sadly to be lost most of the time, and that is the part that rings truest.
First & foremost, we must be "labeled," being sorted into various groups of "other" is the most important step in "Divide & Conquer" Labels lead to misunderstanding, mistrust, fear - making manipulation easy, we can be counted on to defeat ourselves
Luci
High Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I found this inspiring and moving and putting into words much of the outlook I have on life. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AlienLove.com Forum Index -> Gnostic Reflections All times are GMT - 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: