· Tell_Us
· Top 10
· Top Stories
· Topics
· Weather_Station
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 24 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

Monthly Quote
“If a man has an apartment stacked to the ceiling with newspapers we call him crazy. If a woman has a trailer house full of cats we call her nuts. But when people pathologically hoard so much cash that they impoverish the entire nation, we put them on the cover of Fortune magazine and pretend that they are role models.”
-– B. Lester

Link to us!
AlienLove Logos

Add Your Link To Us!

Anti-War Webs
Anti-War Web Ring
[<<<] [ list ] [???] [ join ] [>>>]

AlienLove.com :: View topic - Some wounds just go untalked about
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Some wounds just go untalked about

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AlienLove.com Forum Index -> War - The Victims
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soulgazer
AlienLove Dignitary
AlienLove Dignitary

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Some wounds just go untalked about Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8khHqMntkbQ
FrogDaddy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Some wounds just go untalked about Reply with quote

Soulgazer wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8khHqMntkbQ

Wow ... powerful piece, and unfortunately all too real.

great post, thank you.
Blue1moon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bawlin

well that left me sobbing - maybe we should be talking more about it!
Alot more!

We stood out on the corner last week for the first time this Spring.
The song made me think too of why I do it - why I have always been against war, since I first really thought about it and understood what it meant (that lightning-bolt moment).
Not because I hate the soldiers - they are our brothers, fathers, cousins, sons, (and now daughters, sisters, mothers)
but to bring them home,
to end the wrongness.
Sigh, sometimes it seems so hopeless,
but what else is there to do but keep standing?
To give up, to give in, is to condone it.
I know the hecklers and haters will be back too, claiming we "spit on the soldiers" - they almost never want to actually talk (or think).
-----------

You say you’re a Christian ’cause God made you,
You say you’re a Muslim ’cause God made you,
You say you’re a Hindu and the next man a Jew
And we all kill each other 'cause god told us to? NAW!

Hello, hello!
Bonjour, bonjour!
Hola, hola!
Konnichiwa, konnichiwa wa!

-Hello, Bonjour --Michael Franti & Spearhead
First & foremost, we must be "labeled," being sorted into various groups of "other" is the most important step in "Divide & Conquer" Labels lead to misunderstanding, mistrust, fear - making manipulation easy, we can be counted on to defeat ourselves
Soulgazer
AlienLove Dignitary
AlienLove Dignitary

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's it then isn't it? I support the troops....Hell. I even support their individual missions as part of the psychological support that they need.

I don't support the economic and political machinations that cause our troops to be deployed. I appreciate and am genuinely thankful that brave men and women are willing to defend us. I am horrified that what they are defending us from is primarily manufactured by money interests, some of them right here in the very country that these soldiers are spilling their blood for.

War should always be the last option. Once all other options have been exhausted, war should be total and absolute, with every nightmare conceivable by the human mind unleashed, every furious passion of the human heart free to prey on the combatant and noncombatant alike, until all of humanity squeals with the discomfort of knowing it's darkest nature, "enough!", resolving the conflict with the total dispassion and resolution of a dentist removing an infected molar.

War has become controlled and prettified, with the sobs of a few dozen dead resounding every month, with no more national consequence then a baseball game. There is no reason to stop something so controlled and sterile. A country going to war should mourn the loss of hundreds of thousands, if not millions. Then there is war, and all of the associated horrors, unavoidable in the black veiled processions instead of tucked away in the pages of news journals.

So yes...I hope this video cause millions to sob, causes them to fear, causes them to think about the hell on earth that they have before cheered about. Because for the one war widow a month, for the soldier with no legs, for the orphan sitting in a bombed out ruin, war proved itself to still be total and absolute.
Blue1moon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly! Well... mostly,
I can't wish for bigger war so people will notice (though I am sure you don't mean that) and
I am not convinced any more, that any wars were ever fought for just reasons.
But I can wish that people will take off the damn blinders!
You are right, it is way too sanitary for most of us, but not so over in Iraq or Afghanistan (or so many other places/times) or for the walking wounded left to return home, their families or the families of the lost

Because every wrong death counts, every damaged body or mind, whether ours or theirs, and like ripples in a pond affects so many others now and into the future...
First & foremost, we must be "labeled," being sorted into various groups of "other" is the most important step in "Divide & Conquer" Labels lead to misunderstanding, mistrust, fear - making manipulation easy, we can be counted on to defeat ourselves
Soulgazer
AlienLove Dignitary
AlienLove Dignitary

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue1moon wrote:
Exactly! Well... mostly,
I can't wish for bigger war so people will notice (though I am sure you don't mean that) and
I am not convinced any more, that any wars were ever fought for just reasons.
But I can wish that people will take off the damn blinders!
You are right, it is way too sanitary for most of us, but not so over in Iraq or Afghanistan (or so many other places/times) or for the walking wounded left to return home, their families or the families of the lost

Because every wrong death counts, every damaged body or mind, whether ours or theirs, and like ripples in a pond affects so many others now and into the future...
I waited until I knew exactly how I felt. Wars should not happen. They used to be so horrific that several generations would pass before anyone dared think them otherwise.

What has happened is that the horror has been taken out of war, except for those at "ground zero". A sterile event that people no longer feel they have to avoid.

"Smart weapons" can now take out a building in a city, with a few dozen casualties. In WWII more frenchmen than germans were killed in allied strikes against german positions in france, because the whole city would have to be leveled to hit that one building.

Yes, it may be more humane for some, but ultimately is it really, if technology has removed the moral barriers against military options, making it just another diplomatic option? A handful killed here and there every month for decades, instead of all at once in "Hell on Earth"?

Seems that the current administration has decided to "stay the course". A handful of soldiers killed here and there is not worth a political career just starting to bloom.

A law should be passed, that in the event of war, all congressmen must be assigned military commissions to be fulfilled in the front lines for the duration of the conflict.
Blue1moon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A law should be passed, that in the event of war, all congressmen must be assigned military commissions to be fulfilled in the front lines for the duration of the conflict.

Now that's the kind of law I could really get behind. It might just be the end of a whole lot of wars.

In other times, leaders were expected to 'lead' their men - that's why they were considered leaders!

Now those that decide to wage war are completely removed from any action - and in most cases so are their children. This also adds incredibly to the santitation of war for those in charge of waging it.

Meanwhile, the media has not been allowed to cover things like the flag draped coffins returning. That is not the "fear, fire, foes... lion, and tigers and bears" we are being manipulated to be afraid of!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AlienLove.com Forum Index -> War - The Victims All times are GMT - 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: