· Tell_Us
· Top 10
· Top Stories
· Topics
· Weather_Station
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 25 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

Monthly Quote
“If a man has an apartment stacked to the ceiling with newspapers we call him crazy. If a woman has a trailer house full of cats we call her nuts. But when people pathologically hoard so much cash that they impoverish the entire nation, we put them on the cover of Fortune magazine and pretend that they are role models.”
-– B. Lester

Link to us!
AlienLove Logos

Add Your Link To Us!

Anti-War Webs
Anti-War Web Ring
[<<<] [ list ] [???] [ join ] [>>>]

AlienLove.com :: View topic - Welcome and enjoy
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Welcome and enjoy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AlienLove.com Forum Index -> Unexpected Judgement
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue1Moon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Welcome and enjoy Reply with quote

Hi! Have been working hard on alien love lately, particularly the stone tarot and my book. The next section of Alien Love: An Unexpected Judgement is ready and should be up in a few days. I am also hard at work on an Encyclopedia of terms for the book, and you may want to check that out at some point, as it contains information not always included in the book.

Would love to hear your suggestions, thoughts, etc.
Blue1moon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This got posted in another section of the forums - just reposting here for those interested:

Robinrenee:
Quote:
Thank you, Blue1moon. The only thing I like better than a good ghost movie or book... is a great scifi movie or book like The Unexpected Judgement. It is wonderful! I love it! I read the Prologue and the first four chapters last night. I'm really, really looking forward to reading the rest of the book and seeing your artwork.

Your style of writing is engaging. You draw your reader into what you're seeing. Then it just flows so easily. One paragraph makes you want to read another, and another, and another.

The way you've juxtapositioned the material/scientific society with the spiritual society is excellent. Already I think that the spiritual society is the stronger of the two, but I'll know more about that later.

And I know where you got your name, Blue1moon! But I'm not telling... people will have to read it and find out for themselves.

The Unexpected Judgement is so good that I'm excited for both you and your readers.

Blue1moon
Site Admin

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:15 pm --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Thank you so much for your kind words Robinrenee

It's great getting feedback.

Quote:
You draw your reader into what you're seeing.

Yes, that is what good sci-fi does to me, and when I write, similarly, I try to "go there".

I was thinking the other day after writing a Weekly Rant, that I'd really rather be writing sci-fi! Cause when I write politics, or about the Hurricane disaster, in a sense I have to "go there" too.

I had started my book (and made an actual Stone Tarot) before I met FrogDaddy or we began AlienLove magazine. A more sci-fi-ish/ spiritual/ art/ unusual/ paranormal/ science slant was our original intent, however, during the same time it also became clear, beyond belief - at least to me - that Bush could be re-elected and our focus began changing.

Quote:
Then it just flows so easily. One paragraph makes you want to read another, and another, and another.

Thanks! Editing your own stuff can be difficult. So though I wrote many chapters a number of years ago, refining them, trying to get that "flow" takes much more time. But your appreciation made my week - and I will try to get working on the next chapter soon - written - but not "right" yet.

Quote:
I'm really, really looking forward to reading the rest of the book and seeing your artwork.

The artwork is FrogDaddy's - a very talented man

Quote:
And I know where you got your name, Blue1moon! But I'm not telling... people will have to read it and find out for themselves.

You are the first to have noticed, as far as I know. lol
13thGuard
AlienLove Dignitary
AlienLove Dignitary

Location: In line buying a lottery ticket with my last dollar..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue where is this book and how do I buy it....
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
13thGuard wrote:
Blue where is this book and how do I buy it....

You can't buy it Guard... it's for free! Laughing

You can read it, umm....
right here on .... giggle

AlienLove! - link in "Fun Stuff" or:
http://www.alienlove.com/html/books/sci-fi/blue1moon/introduction/

It's not finished (though do have draft for most and outline for rest)

but...sigh, little time to work on it anymore, it was actually one of the original things on alienlove magazine when we started it.

Then, it quickly became clear that, beyond all rational belief, Bush might be re-elected, and well, Crystal Lady had a vision or two - there was the October 2004 "Blood" Moon (it was bright red/full/eclipse - see photo in 2nd article below)

Psychic Predicts Disaster If Bush Re-elected
http://www.alienlove.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=19&mode=&order=0&thold=0

Predictions By Crystal Lady
http://www.alienlove.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=36&mode=&order=0&thold=0

[notice story id #'s - these were our 19th & 36th stories on Alienlove]

And with it all, alienlove became alot more political...

But anyway, would love to hear what you think...maybe it'll jump start me again - I've been working on the next chapter a bit of late - just need to finish it up (had done some chopping and pasting with last chapter and am paying for that now - lol - as I try to re-organize it.)
13thGuard
AlienLove Dignitary
AlienLove Dignitary

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok cool yeah Ill read it definately when your done finishing let me know (well ill probably know since ill be reading it) if you still want to keep it free theres this awesome Ebook creating software Ill give you, you can make it into an Ebook and have the download right here on AlienLove infact you should charge for the download generally its a buck or something but upto you.....
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

13thGuard wrote:
Ok cool yeah Ill read it definately when your done finishing let me know (well ill probably know since ill be reading it) if you still want to keep it free theres this awesome Ebook creating software Ill give you, you can make it into an Ebook and have the download right here on AlienLove infact you should charge for the download generally its a buck or something but upto you.....

Thanks Guard! Well one of these days I'd like to do the buck thing for download - but I'll just have to add it to my list for now - lol
13thGuard
AlienLove Dignitary
AlienLove Dignitary

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Warning: As an alternate creation story, this book may be disturbing to those of the religious right without a sense of humor!

LMAO, thats awesome....
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

giggle
13thGuard
AlienLove Dignitary
AlienLove Dignitary

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great story Blue, I only got to Chapter Two, Im wondering what will happen to the kid "Shanme" its very interesting the Prologue said about the Manan "Strong, intelligent survivors', Im wondering survivors from what, I know I only read two chapters but Im weird in that sense....
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
Hint: The Book's Encyclopedia gives all kinds of background data for those who want to know! Very Happy
[Also, did you read prologue?]
13thGuard
AlienLove Dignitary
AlienLove Dignitary

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep sure did thats were I got that the Manan were survivors I was wondering what they had survived from....But dont tell me I gotta read the rest....
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

13thGuard wrote:
....But dont tell me I gotta read the rest....

No I wont tell!

The Encyclopedia gives alot of background details on characters, terms, etc. (Also serves to remind me of what I've written about a character or named an object or critter, when it's been months since I've worked on it.) Rolling Eyes

giggle

Embarassed
13thGuard
AlienLove Dignitary
AlienLove Dignitary

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man you gotta finish it Im hooked, I just spent ton of cash on Ecommerce books havent read a single page from a single book, but Im hooked to a free one...Go Figure...
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
13thGuard writes: Oh man you gotta finish it Im hooked, I just spent ton of cash on Ecommerce books havent read a single page from a single book, but Im hooked to a free one...Go Figure...

Very Happy Thanks! I'm so excited that you like it - I really only need a couple quiet, non-multi-tasking hours to finish the next chapter, I think, then another hour to program - (next chapter will include a visit to the Manan planet of origin.)

ahh... and don't they say "the best things in life are free!"

A "Truth" perhaps!
13thGuard
AlienLove Dignitary
AlienLove Dignitary

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I like it, its awesome, you know Blue when I was a kid there used be this book company guy who used to come to our school an you could buy books on Sci-Fi, an Ghosts the Archie Comics and Cossack Horsemen, I used to love those books really it was free for me cause I was a kid and my father would actually buy them, anyways your book reminds me of one of those books reading them was interesting and just mind opening, not a task not like school work or the stuff I read today, Im glad I read it , it reminded of a time long gone.....

Frigging Kent State happened the song "Ohio" came out, adult bullshit politics became the norm....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AlienLove.com Forum Index -> Unexpected Judgement All times are GMT - 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: